Diabetes by the Numbers – USA

The Numbers speaks for itself.
The Diabetics numbers tells how U.S. population in a risk to develop type 1 diabetes and type 2 diabetes.
Did you know that more than 8% of the United States population has Diabetes?
It’s sums up to 25.8 Million people in total.
If we’ll compare the U.S. population to 10 men, one man and his friend’s head are diabetics.
18.8 million people are diagnosed as diabetics and 7 million are undiagnosed.
In United States 79 million people at high risk to develop diabetes.
On average 1.4 million Americans are diagnosed with diabetes every year.
Approximately 1.25 million American Adult and children have type 1 diabetes.
Who the most to develop? American Indians and Alaskan Natives are the most to develop diabetes with 15.9%. After them non-Hispanic blacks are the most to develop with 13.2%.
90% of the diabetes are type 2 diabetic and the other 10% are type 1 diabetic. That split caused beacause of the longer time that type 2 takes to develop.