In order to determine how the foods we eat affect the way we feel, I recommend that you take my one month trial. This is the way I generally eat so it cannot be that difficult for you!
Let me warn you up front that this trial will not work unless you are diligent about making all of these changes strictly for the entire month as I have outlined on the back of this page. The minimum period is 21 days (three full weeks). You must not make just some of the changes or eliminate some of the foods. You must not cheat “just a little.
I suggest that you tell yourself the following: This is only for 3 (or 4) weeks and I really want to see if I feel any differences, if my children behave differently, and if anyone is diabetic, how well their blood sugar is regulated, when certain foods are eliminated from our diets. (If you don’t want to have to start over, be strict)
Remember that although moderation is okay for many things, toxic foods and trigger foods can effect us even in small quantities. In addition, they can remain in the body and continue to cause these effects for many days and in some cases over two weeks, so for this test to work, you must do it right. The third week may be the first week you begin to feel better for some people. To determine if you are gluten intolerant, the diet must be done for at least 60 days! Many of my patients have felt so many beneficial changes after just 21 days, which they could not believe how much food, had been affecting their life and the lives of their children.
Remember, you are not really going on a diet; You are simply eating a great deal healthier for 3 (or 4) short weeks. (60 days if for gluten). I would wish you good luck, but luck has nothing to do with i. A 21+ days of a strict eating plan is not that difficult and is generally well worth the effort. I wish you all the best!
gluten). I would wish you good luck, but luck has nothing to do with i. A 21+ days of a strict eating plan is not that difficult and is generally well worth the effort. I wish you all the best!
|Food Group||Allowed||Avoid Completely|
|Meat,Fish, Poultry, Eggs||Beef,hChicken, Turkey, Lamb, fish (real meat only never breaded). Eggs should be whole (yolk and White). Organic & pastured are best.||Luncheon meats & hot dogs. Shark, Swordfish, Orange Roughy Try to eat only wild – not farm raised fish. Avoid pork|
|Dairy Products||Whole raw milk (From Grass fed cows). After 8th day, if you notice any reaction, stop the milk immediately.||All other milks, cheeses, yogurt, cream, cream cheese, cottage cheese, ice cream, etc.|
|Flour products, Grains and Beans||No grains or grain products. No flour except 100% Nut flours||Potatoes or potato products, breads, rice, pastas, cereals, crackers. All grains and potatoes most beans, and any products made from these|
|Vegetables||ALL non-starchy fresh vegetables, cooked or raw. (Unless allergic). Frozen only if absolutely necessary.||Frozen or canned vegetables and all starchy vegetables such as (corn, potatoes, yams, winter squash)|
|Fruits||1 piece of fresh raw fruit per day if desired just after a meal. Portion size equal to an apple (Apple or berries)||Frozen, canned, dried, or in any way packaged or processed. No fruit juices of any kind.|
|Fats||Butter, extra-virgin olive oil, coconut oil, palm kernel oil, ghee. Fats that naturally exist on the meats you are eating (leave the skin on the chicken, yolk in the egg, etc.)||All other fats and oils should be completely avoided including mayonnaise, salad dressings, Canola, soybean, safflower, cottonseed etc.|
|Sweeteners||Only stevia, yacon, and luo han. Later you may try xylitol, and Erythritol.||All Sugar: white sugar, brown sugar, honey, molasses, brown rice syrup, corn syrup, fruit sweeteners, maple syrup, palm sugar, artificial sweeteners, etc.|
|Nuts/Seeds||Any kind of raw nuts or seeds (unless allergic) Organic if possible||Roasted, salted, honey coated, etc.|
|Beverages||Filtered Water (Try for 2 quarts per day consumed between meals) Whole raw milk beginning on the 8th day. Stop if any reactions||All others. No caffeine or alcohol.|
|Herbs/Spices||Fresh herbs and single spices only. No mixed dried spice combinations.||Spice combinations (can hide toxic ingredients that are not listed).|
- If you think that you may react in some way to any of the good foods, do not eat them.
- Hormone free & free range meats, and organic produce and oils make the test even better..
- Try to drink 2 quarts of filtered water each day, mostly between meals (less for a child).
- Eat adequate amounts of the allowed foods – do NOT go hungry!
- Don’t forget to eat some animal protein at 2-3 meals (preferably at every meal) and eat plenty of the healthy non starchy vegetables.
- If a food is not on the Allowed list, DON’T EAT IT! If you only do this test at the 90% level, you have not done it at all. You must be 100% strict for this tiny little 3-4 week period.
- The only pork allowed is from documented Heirloom breeds of pigs, raised in green pastures
- So plan your food carefully. Be sure that you are not eating any packaged or canned foods since they all have added ingredients that are not allowed. You can NEVER be sure what is or is not in any restaurant food no matter what the waiter/waitress or chef tell you.
- The best snack foods (unless allergic) are raw nuts. Walnuts, pine nuts, pecans, almonds, etc
- NOTE for those who have an extreme workout schedule such as triathletes, marathoners, long distance bikers, exercise instructors etc., You may need to have a small portion of some cooked beans until your body regains its ability for efficient fat to energy conversion.